Community Associate / Barista
Job description Community Associate / Barista
42workspace is Rotterdam’s only curated community for tech and digital entrepreneurs, located in the beating heart of the city (Witte de Withstraat), We are currently looking for an outgoing and hospitality-oriented Community Associate to join our Team. This is a part-time opportunity for someone who have a strong hospitality mindset and the skills to make a good cup of coffee!
About the job
As a Community Associate, you are responsible for helping to run the daily business of
42workspace, Together with your teammates you will create and maintain an inspiring and lively working environment for all business and office members, their visitors and meet-up guests.
Some work will be independent while at other times it will require collaboration with other members of the 42workspace staff. We are looking for someone who have the following characteristics:
● Interested in tech & digital;
● Naturally enjoying helping others;
● Detail oriented and self-organized;
● Experience in using an espresso machine and making cappuccinos!;
● Self-motivated and proactive in taking ownership and responsibility;
● A team player who create positive working relationships with our members and
● Able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
● Assist and provide excellent concierge coverage and front desk service
● Welcome guests and transition them to their host
● Interact with our members and clients, both in person and on the phone
● Creatively finding ways to meet a broad range of near constant member requests from
basic tech support to helping find their way in the building;
● Assist in processing mail and packages for members;
● Finding creative ways to keep our community motivated and being a part of our events;
● Handling the onboarding process for new members including: adding new
members to our community platform, prepping their office(s), getting them keys to their
new office, etc.;
● Assisting clients who need help preparing a conference room or our event space;
● Operating the bar and reception (including serving drinks from the bar);
● Help to optimize the service level of 42workspace in every possible way, while
maintaining a member friendly environment.
● You are enrolled in a master’s degree program or have relevant experience in
the hospitality business;
● A natural interest in helping/supporting others;
● A valid EU passport and citizenship in the Netherlands is strongly preferred;
● Fluent in English, other languages will be a plus.