As a EU/EEA national, what insurance do I need?


As an EU/EEA national, you are likely in possession of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which allows you enjoy the same insurance cover as locals when they travel to another EU/EEA territory. Please make sure to inform your local insurance provider about your residence in a new country.

EHIC does not cover any travel protection, such as search and rescue, repatriation to the home country, emergency dental treatments, assistance and other extra costs. Our partner insurance (Swisscare International Student Insurance) allows you to make use of these services.

Recent Posts