“I believe online education provides an enormous amount of students worldwide the opportunity to excel at university while at the same time, being able to carry their current careers.” — Fidel Elbaum, CEO & Founder at Elbaum Enterprises
You want to get a Bachelor’s degree. But you have concerns about going abroad to obtain it. Or, maybe you simply cannot leave home for reason x or y. Who says you have to? The future of work-from-anywhere is here to cater to your needs. There’s no better time for you to get an online bachelor’s degree than now!
Why is getting an online degree something you should even consider? Few reasons are extremely convincing:
- Lower cost. You pay less to obtain the same degree. Your expenses of living away from home or abroad are exponentially higher. If you live at your family home, you most likely won’t have to worry about most of what you would normally need to take care of in another city or country.
- Flexibility. Doing an online bachelor’s degree allows you to tailor your schedule to your needs. Without the need to attend physical classes, you give yourself more free time to focus on your hobbies and other extracurriculars. Online classes fit with your schedule, not the other way around.
- Time management. Doing online courses encourages you to develop time management skills. You learn how to be punctual without procrastinating. This is a result of learning how to develop a schedule and sticking to it.
- Quality learning. When you are in an online environment, you don’t have to worry about missing classes or not understanding something right away. With class material being recorded for you, you can go back and rewatch a lecture and take notes on content that you might have missed the first time.
- Hybrid experience. Attend on-campus weeks whenever you can to build your international network by connecting with students.
- Additional activities. Take part in live masterclasses and webinars delivered by acclaimed lecturers.
Did you know? The work-from-home (WFH) policy was adopted during the 1970s. It was a result of the sharp increase in gasoline prices that made commuting more expensive for workers. Employees turned to alternative locations such as their homes, co-working spaces, and other community-based locations to carry on their labour.
If you decide to do an online bachelor’s degree and work from home, you must learn how to separate your academic life from your everyday life. Start by setting up physical barriers between your work and your life.
A few tips on how to accomplish that:
- Change clothes and get ready for the day as you would if you went outside. Don’t stay in your pyjamas, no matter how comfortable they are!
- Set up a home office and dedicate a space for your studies that is separated from the rest of your house.
- Take breaks using the Pomodoro Method. Set up a 25-minute timer and work until your time is up. Then, take a five-minute break. Alternatively, set up a time in the day to look forward to such as a lunch break while you’re working. Make sure to give yourself some room to breathe.
- Avoid ordering food. Try and give yourself the time to prepare your own meals, as cooking allows for some time away from the screen and puts your mind at ease.
- Stretch from time to time, especially if you’re sitting at your desk for several hours at a time.
- Stick to a schedule that allows you to leave room for your hobbies and extracurriculars. You have the advantage of flexibility, so make sure you use it!
- Plan activities for when you have time off. Try to organize short trips, walks in the park, hangouts with friends at cafés, etc.
Popular Online Programmes
Most universities offer plenty of online degrees for postgraduate programmes only. Fear not, College Life has done some of the research for you. Here is a list of some of the online Bachelor’s available degrees:
- Bachelor's of Business Administration - most popular (EU Business School)
- Bachelor’s (Hons) Psychology (BPS) (Arden University)
- Bachelor’s in English Language and Literature (European University Cyprus)
- BA in International Relations (EU Business School)
- Bachelor of Environmental Health and Safety (Swiss School Of Business and Management)
“The online BBA has contributed very meaningfully in giving me all resources to make this happen. I’ve always believed in the importance of a constant academic formation, regardless of the field. Our minds must be in permanent training, and online education of any sort helps us to do so without having to give a break to our careers.” — Fidel Elbaum
There isn’t as much that you can lose by getting an online Bachelor’s degree as opposed to a traditional one. The environment and nature of the programmes give you the freedom to choose what you want to do and how you want to do it. And if you change your mind? Dropping out and changing your career trajectory is much easier!
Give it a shot and get an online bachelor’s online now!