With the rapid increase of the consulting industry, EY Czech Republic offers students and graduates consulting jobs within the company. In the Czech Republic alone, there are around 300 employees working consultant jobs at EY, segmented into different teams. All of them are based in Prague, with the exception of the development team in Ostrava.
The consulting teams at EY are not necessarily devoted to performing only one specific task — there is always an opportunity to try out different types of projects. EY splits its consultant roles into two basic groups: business consultant or technology consultant.
In business consulting, companies seek advice to improve their processes from a business consultant who can advise in various industries including:
- insurance and automotive
- waste management
- water management
- the public sector
- supply chain
- shared service centres
In general, they help diverse clients improve their processes. The team consists of 200 colleagues, with a gender ratio of 88 women to 113 men, and the average age of 31 years.
In technology consulting teams, EY helps companies improve IT systems of companies. Technology consultant jobs involve providing cybersecurity and robotics advice by translating ideas into practical solutions. There are just over 80 colleagues in EY technology consulting (18 women, 65 men), with the average employee age of 33 years. Other teams that deal with technology and IT include architects, analysts, specialists from sectors such as cyber security, data analytics, IT audit, and robotic process automation. There is also a development team of analysts, project managers, developers and testers in Ostrava.
Ten Reasons Why
Consulting at EY helps you develop and improve both soft skills and hard skills. Such skills are not only qualities that you need for business consultant or technology consultant jobs. They are career skills that will help pave the way towards success.
Here is the list of ten reasons why working at EY can help you succeed:
1. Out-of-the-Box Thinking: With every new piece of information, knowledge and skills that you acquire, you look at things from a different perspective. By understanding the situation and context, you can learn to suggest possible solutions and improvements.
2. Diversity & Adaptability: With consulting at EY, you are encouraged to cooperate with a variety of people from different backgrounds. They can be either from different teams within Czechia or other foreign branches; others include different types of employees or corporate environments, all of which you will need to adapt to. Moreover, you will learn how to work with a wide range of tools and technologies.
3. Networking: On every project you are surrounded by a different group of experienced people. Thanks to this, you will also get a wide network of contacts that will be useful for you in the future.
4. Critical Thinking: You do not simply absorb information - instead, you critically evaluate it. Consulting at EY can help you present your ideas and arguments in order to effectively deliver your message across to various stakeholders.
5. Independence: Teamwork is important. However, consulting at EY will also encourage you to take ownership by delivering original ideas and making quick decisions independently.
6. Resilience: you will improve your overall resilience, learn to work actively with stress and build resistance towards it. This will be achieved by presenting the outputs in front of the client or by travelling globally.
7. Structure: Consulting at EY can help you develop discipline, structure and a sense of organization.
8. Improvisation: Both business and technology jobs, as well as any consulting role at EY calls for you to react quickly to changes in circumstances. You will be challenged to take action on the spot!
9. Diplomacy & Compromise: You will learn how to speak diplomatically, moderate a discussion and seek consensus among a diverse audience.
10. Empathy: Most importantly, you will learn how to actively listen to other people. You will learn to understand their perspective in order to help them. You will get to read between the lines and empathize with the others’ situation.
Consulting at EY helps gain insights and knowledge when making both minor and major strategic decisions. Business consultant and technology consultant jobs are offered to all students and graduates who are willing to help build a better working world. However, be mindful of the competition and know what to expect during the recruitment process. EY consulting might be the right job for you if you want to be the reason why businesses succeed.